Monday, February 05, 2007

Imelda Marcos : 24 Carat


1. Doesn't the fight for survival also justify swindle and theft? In self defence, anything goes.
2. God is love. I have loved. Therefore, I will go to heaven.
3. I am beyond logic and rationality.
4. I am First Lady by accident. I was not elected by the people but here I am.
5. I did not have three thousand pairs of shoes, I had one thousand and sixty.
6. I HATE UGLINESS.YOU KNOW IM ALLERGIC TO UGLINESS.
7. I have a different way of thinking. I think synergistically. I'm not linear in thinking, I'm not very logical.
8. I HAVE NEVER BEEN A MATERIAL GIRLl. MY FATHER ALWAYS TOLD ME NEVER TO LOVE ANYTHING THAT CANT LOVE YOU BACK.
9. I think that's a very kinky issue with the panties and bras. That's the thing that they will display: shoes, panties and bras.
10. I was born ostentatious. They will list my name in the dictionary someday. They will use 'Imeldific' to mean ostentatious extravagance.
11. IF YOU KNOW HOW RICH YOU ARE, YOU ARE NOT RICH. BUT ME, I AM NOT AWARE OF THE EXTENT OF MY WEALTH. THAT'S HOW RICH WE ARE.
12. It is terribly important to do certain things, such as wear overembroidered dresses. After all, the mass follows class. Class never follows mass.
13. It's the rich you can terrorize. The poor have nothing to lose.
14. My husband does not like me to give interviews because I say too much. No talk, no trouble.
Imelda Marcos
15. Never dress down for the poor. They won't respect you for it. They want their First Lady to look like a million dollars.
16. PEOPLE SAY IM EXTRAVAGANT BECAUSE I WANT TO BE SURROUNDED WITH BEAUTY. BUT TELL ME, WHO WANTS TO BE SURROUNDED WITH GARBAGE?
17. The problems with First Ladies is that you have to set the standard. My role is to be both star and slave.
Imelda Marcos
18. They call me corrupt, frivolous. I am not at all privileged. Maybe the only privileged thing is my face. And corrupt? God! I would not look like this if I am corrupt. Some ugliness would settle down on my system.
19. WE PRACTICALLY OWN EVERYTHING IN THE PHILIPPINES.
20. When they see me holding fish, they can see that I am comfortable with kings as well as with paupers.
21. WIN OR LOSE, WE GO SHOPPING AFTER THE ELECTION.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home